Amoretto

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Amoretto

Post by nakoruru » Wed May 24, 2006 11:57 pm

Anyone here watched Amoretto yet?

Well, I did watch about 30 minutes out of it. Long story short last month I tried to order it from Yesasia, my order flopped. I downloaded about 70% of it from WinMX and tonight I replaced my order to get the collectors edition. I will need to wait (in)patiently to watch the ending, oh well. :roll:

I am MORE than amazed by this movie! Oh my gosh! I was able to understand most of the plot, but is Amoretto just a duo or are they DCT's look alikes? :) One thing is for sure... Miwa & Masa's are really talented to act! Besides, I didn't expect to see a top quality movie and a very interesting plot. I can't wait to watch its making of too!!! :D

Silly question, soundtrack is credited to Ohtani Kou. Did he play the pieces or compose them too?

Finally, I swear I will stop soon... ;) I also ordered (FINALLY!) The Love Rocks' limited edition. It is still available on Yesasia! I'm feeling lucky.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu May 25, 2006 8:52 am

'amoretto' is a DCT cover band- that they are lookalikes is not addressed directly in the movie. I believe Koh did compose and play on the soundtrack.

I got to see this with my wife when it opened in Shibuya, and some people around us were crying towards the end- Miwa and Masa give pretty good first-time performances.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat May 27, 2006 10:18 am

Yepper...get that amoretto special edition and you get the movie and Koh's soundtrack :)

Such a bittersweet movie...the very end and that scene at the train station were just killers. And I swear, 'Love Letter' just keeps getting better and better everytime I hear it :)

Definitely an improvement over the wildly odd 24/7 movie @_@
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:08 pm

I have got my order from Yesasia this afternoon... TAX FREE! <happy dance> I'm even happy about the Sailor Moon mini toy I got for free. :lol:

Edit: Waaaaaaaaaaa~i! I didn't expect it to turn out so sad... I cried a couple of times watching it. :cry:

But it is a very nice movie. I can't really comment much without spoiling. I liked the making of too. The parts I understood where pretty great. :) I'm glad I got the collector edition of it.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:49 pm

I guess this is worth a try: if anyone here has enough japanese knowledge and free time to make a script of the movie in english, I'm willing to time the script.

I used to time anime subtitles for a fansubbing group. And I just got back at timing now that I am timing DCT's concerts so I have enough practice. Still takes an awful lot of time but for DCT it is all worth while. :D

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:51 am

Such a bittersweet movie...the very end and that scene at the train station were just killers. And I swear, 'Love Letter' just keeps getting better and better everytime I hear it
yeah! I watched it last week and it made me like Love letter eeeeven more.
I was expecting a happy end, but it didn't happen. :cry:
And I just got back at timing now that I am timing DCT's concerts so I have enough practice.
I watched the wonderland '91 subtitled! It was great!! There were some songs that I didn't know what were about exactly.