Amazon Japan

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Amazon Japan

Post by nakoruru » Wed May 31, 2006 12:08 am

I have found out today that Amazon Japan has users selling items like the Children of the Sun DVD and the 24/7 Movie. Has anyone bought anything used from Amazon before?

If only my japanese skills had improved lately, I wouldn't be here wondering.
:cry: Argh!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed May 31, 2006 8:55 am

We recently bought a used copy of the 'Seventh of July Sunny Day' video using Amazon Japan, but it's waiting for us in Tokyo, so I can't tell you about it just yet. The system seems to work just like Amazon does here, though.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am

Oh, I suppose then overseas shipping is... out of a question?!

What I'd like to know somehow is if it is shipped by a person - probably but just to be sure. Brazilian import tax is 60% of the price and I ain't paying that much! We are allowed to receive up to USD $50 tax free as long as the item is shipped by a person, not a store. I used to ask a friend in Japan to buy stuff and ship to me but she is back to Europe now. :x

Yesasia site says they don't add prices to the shipping, not even in in the printed order. It simply lists the items. If so... my order might come tax free. *fingers crossed*

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed May 31, 2006 2:54 pm

If the item is being sold by an individual, it could be shipped by them as well, but as you mentioned, Amazon Japan doesn't ship out of the country. If your friend was still there, then you could have it sent to them and they could ship it to you. Since that's no longer an option, maybe Yesasia will work. In the meantime, though- the upload.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:23 am

I have came across this website: www.shoppingmalljapan.com

It allows you to bid directly on Yahoo Japan Auctions but there is a catch: all sorts of fees you can think of. Plus, multiple shippings. I'm using the site for the first time so I will tell you guys later how much there fees turn out to be.

So far I just won the bidding for the 24/7 movie for $1000 en (~USD $10). I'm going to bid on the Diamond 15 DVD limited edition. Its inital bidding is also $1000 en but I think I will be overbidded on this one.

I already got overbidded TWICE trying to get the single from Masa's solo project. :x Now I need to wait until it appears again.

Jei: I came across the singles you are missing on YHJ, actually I just saw Anata ni Aitakute end up without biddings for $300 en (~USD $3). I hope it helps.

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:23 am

Amazon Japan DO ship overseas. I know because I bought Sing Or Die Worldwide Edition and The Monster Universal Mix from there a few years ago.

The beauty of Amazon is that you don't need to set up a separate account with them to buy there. If you have a customer account with Amazon.com, you can also use it to buy at .jp or .co.uk or .de or any of their other foreign stores.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:34 pm

nakoruru wrote: Jei: I came across the singles you are missing on YHJ, actually I just saw Anata ni Aitakute end up without biddings for $300 en (~USD $3). I hope it helps.
Thanks for the heads up, nakoruru! :)
Actually, I was finally able to get 'Anata ni Aitakute' thanks to nogizaka (Doumo!). Just need LAT 43 to complete the collection ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:06 pm

Jei wrote: Thanks for the heads up, nakoruru! :)
Actually, I was finally able to get 'Anata ni Aitakute' thanks to nogizaka (Doumo!). Just need LAT 43 to complete the collection ^^
Cool! I'm really happy to hear that! Sometime, maybe you could take a few pictures of your collection to make us feel jealous. :D

And so I finally won another auction and I really wish I was overbidded in this one. I got this 15 singles set for 121 yen:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r27719813

And I magically managed to not see that there is a 3,000 yen charge for replacing cracked cases, checking the discs... etc. I checked a handful of times the description and I remember I thought it was weird there was no shipping price there. Probably I simply didn't see the charge... I have so much in my mind these days. :roll:

It will turn out, with all charges from SMJ probably not under USD $50. I don't think I made a horrible deal it is just it couldn't be a worse timing.
I simply cannot afford it, plain and simple. :x But my brothers are going to help me... I gotta keep in mind I'm getting a limited edition of Love Letter (ureshii!!!) and go on. *sigh*