DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat May 05, 2007 12:05 am

I used to do lessons on 'a' vs 'the' in Japan . . . so I feel your pain :)

Japanese of course has the ga / wa diff to befuddle us . . .

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat May 05, 2007 11:17 pm

tachikaze wrote:I used to do lessons on 'a' vs 'the' in Japan . . . so I feel your pain :)

Japanese of course has the ga / wa diff to befuddle us . . .
I never stopped to realize how difficult it must be for Japanese speakers to understand these things. Hmmm. At least I got rid of a bad habit, using too much "that" in phrases which is far overly used in Portuguese, just like "the".

March 04th
Before continuing with the profile, let's talk about today's recording. It's Ohtani Kou's day. He has played the エレピ、シンセ and organ in succession for 9 part musical piece. (I'm not entirely sure what he meant). Mr. Ohtani is a very composer, arranger, producer - these days he is even working on mixing. He's been working with DCT for 15 years now, which is a very amusing fact!

Now the long awaited second part of the profile starts.

"After leaving the hospital with my mother, after 7 days an eczema started. And then until the 4th year of elementary school, a strong asthma and predisposition to allergies just kept me getting to the hospital with my mother. Meanwhile my father got transfered to Tokyo Sumida-Ku when I was 1 year old, then to Nagoya when I was 2, then to Nakagawa-ken when I was 3. When I was on the 1st year of grade school we moved to Osaka.
While on Junior High 1st year we moved to Chiba-ken. Until then I got my basic formation from Osaka. That's why I'm an "Osaka Lover".

As a grade school student, all I had in my mind was Ultra Q, Ultraman, Ultra Seven, Thunderbird, Banpaku... I used to live in a daze of sci-fi stories since I started to read sci-fi novels. (I skipped a couple of lines I need to get back to later). In my grade school days, I regret to admit there were no signs of Masato Nakamura writer. Continues."

In the writing business it's believed that profiles as simple as possible. I can't write in those conditions. So I will trust Mr. Nakura (名倉? their names/surnames readings are a nightmare!) editing skills.

So, here goes a picture from my grade school times. I have a hunch it was around this time my dark side appeared. As I child I already used to do bargaining, ostensible socializing, have great ideas and such things.
HOW ABOUT THAT? I'm able to translate the whole thing now!!! I could barely understand the first entries - I was mostly guessing what was going on. Wow, that's too cool! ^^

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri May 11, 2007 1:19 am

Err... I came down with another cold so I haven't had strength to translate. Sorry about that.

But I wanted to let you guys know that they are working in a new single. :shock: So the lyrics are about a very sad incident that turns into a wonderful thing. ^^ Also Masa did the back vocals for this song.

It was officially announced that Mr. Hiroshi Sato is going to be the Musical Director of DWL07. It's Masa's own dream coming thru as he wants to back being just a bassist for the band.

I saw on DCT Garden that Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai is going to get air time in radios just like Osaka Lover did. Though I know they don't have plans to go to TV shows this time which might cut short the sales for the single... hmmm.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon May 14, 2007 12:25 am

First shocking fact is that aparently... the book version of the blog will come with a CD with two songs. Sounds good to me, I was wondering how the heck you get people to buy something you can read online - I mean, besides hardcore fans like us.

Another shocking fact is that this book is going to be called 「俺もドリカムだっ!365日の悪あがき」 I'm struggling to get the meaning here of "waruagaki". It seems like the blog is going to last for 365 days e.g. until June 1st. All I can do is hope hard that just like Yorimo was supposed to last only a month and turned out to be a year, that it doesn't mean that the blog will end right now.

In order to commemorate the anniversary, Masa will be doing a radio appearance of some sort that 100 lucky fans will be able to attend its recording. Sounds cool but I don't think we'll be able to download it from anywhere... :x

How totally awesome is this? I can't possible believe it has been a whole year. It feels it's been a couple of months ago this all started. But I can't start to say how much I appreciate the fact Masa has taken the time to do this. With their busy schedule, I'm sure it must have been tough ride.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon May 28, 2007 9:44 pm

They are still in New York working on the mastering of their new single now. I regret once again not having translated a ton of interesting stuff but we are 3 days away from the 1 year mark of the blog and finally we got to see some interesting numbers about people accessing the blog. :)

Yorimo (June 06) - 2.200.000 (220万)
Doriblog (2006/07~0524)- 20.500.000 (2,050万)
Total - 2,270万 (I've had enough of math for now)

(Math is NOT my thing so let me know if I did some horrible mistake on my calculations. 万 = ten thousand :roll: )

Days with highest numbers of hits:

2007/02/02 (Yorimo ran a one full page ad of DWL 07) 15.4万
2006/12/31 (Kouhaku on NHK) 13.9万
2006/12/22 (新宿ゲリラライヴ) 11.4万

People from the following countries accessed the blog (in order by number of hits):

Japan
America
Australia
Brazil (I have a fixed IP so it probably wasn't just me... ;) )
Taiwan
Singapore
Great Britain
Canada
France

Pretty impressive numbers, huh?

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Mon May 28, 2007 10:48 pm

Very impressive numbers for a blog :)
I'd love to see the breakdown of how many PVs per country. ^^

I'm kinda surprised Taiwan isn't higher...^^
(for a country that got it's own DWL concert)
nakoruru wrote: Brazil (I have a fixed IP so it probably wasn't just me... ;) )
Admit it...it was 95% you ;)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue May 29, 2007 1:33 am

Jei wrote:Admit it...it was 95% you ;)
I feel like a failure... you and some crazy Australian beat me! ;)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed May 30, 2007 3:42 am

So tomorrow is the last day Masa is going to write on the blog. He has made a long entry tonight thanking everyone to made the whole thing possible. I feel like I must say a few words myself since it has become a habit for me to come to the computer around 9 PM (my time) because I know it was around the time the blog gets updated everyday. I had a hard time during DST last year... I sure did. Ha!

It certainly was an amazing experience per se. For me it had the whole language challenge going on, my Japanese reading skills improved dramatically since then. But you know what people say, all good things must come to an end. :cry: I guess I can say it was like a dream because quite frankly, not even in my wildest dreams I could have expected Masa to start this blog. Having him writing on it everyday for a whole year is far more than we could have asked for!

I'm going thru a rough time, this is not going to be easy to let go. But I must go back to read the whole thing again, I think it will be much easier to understand it now.

... they are going back to Japan now. There is a new single coming up, there is also (hopefully) DWL 2007 DVD to look forward for as well.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:19 am

The blog got an extra month run now back to Yorimo:

http://yorimo.yomiuri.co.jp/person/blog/dct2007/

So Masa made his singing debut on last night's "All Night Nippon" radio show. It was a live broadcast! Hello! I wanna hear that! But wait, I thought he already had debuted as a singer with Setsunakute?! ^_~ It was funny because he had mentioned Miwa giving him so me sing lessons while they were in New York but I thought they were for back vocals or something.

So the blog *book* is going to be released on September 25th. It comes with a CD with two songs - I'm guessing (since I didn't quite get it as usual) that it has these songs Masa sang last night.

The funniest thing: if you spend 3 minutes on each entry you will take 18 hours to read the entire blog! So if you spend 15 minutes trying to make sense out of bunch of kanji you never seen before like me... :?

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:33 pm

It's been a month since I last did a translation. That's sad! I've been reading the very first posts again, it's great to see I have learnt a lot of Japanese in this past year.

Anyway, on the 29th they played on the Super Dry Live thing with Bon Jovi. It isn't the same thing as the Super Dry Live from 2005 which aired on MTV, right? I didn't quite figure that part out. Masa mentioned thinking the crowd was a bit tense at first but Miwa used her charms to win the audience. ^^ I wish it had aired on TV...

And then, there was the entry on the 30th. At first Masa said he was going on a trip which I assumed from the start that was just a figure of speech. Then later on the entry, he quoted their chief manager (sic) which said "welcome back to DCT Garden.com".

I just assumed that I missed something important on this entry to figure out whether or not it would be the last one. Then I read the backtracks to see that the Japanese fans are just as lost as I am. So... I'm hoping it will be back to DCT Garden for a while longer but it seems unlikely to me.

Edit: The blog is back to DCT Garden! My gosh, I did understand that entry!!! And what a relief that it is back... it's been a crazy amount of fun!

I DID understand that the trip was a figure of speech! Although I did see a few bloggers on the backtracks that thought he was going into a trip. Japanese is ambiguous enough by nature, Masa doesn't have to make confusing entries just for the sake of making me burn my brain to the bone. :lol:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:42 am

It's been a while but I thought you guys would be happy to hear there will be a brass section at Wonderland 2007! They have been doing rehearsals for 3 weeks now, skipping just Sundays... no wonder their concerts are that good.
Since yesterday (monday) was a holiday, Masa was working alone at the studio in a recording.

Also it was pretty scary to see after that huge typhoon nothing less than two strong earthquakes hitting Japan with just few hours apart. I can only hope the worse is over by now. All I have gone thru with natural disasters was major floods, I can't imagine what a typhoon or an earthquake would be like. :shock:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm late and tired as usual but I suppose I should give you guys an update. They have been rehearsing like crazy, it was funny to see Masa mentioning that while the whole bands lacks motivation when Miwa is not there rehearsing with them, Masa feels carefree. ^^ They had a few tense moments during rehearsals but I suppose it is only natural before an important tour like this one.

Meanwhile, there is an ongoing recording. Miwa rejected an arrangement Masa came up for a song... I'm starting to think they are working on an album. They have released enough singles by now, no?

They came up with something really clever: Masa signed a number of copies of his book and it will be distributed randonly to book stores all over Japan! One fan reported on the BBS having getting a signed copy. It will be interesting to see the insane prices signed copies will appear on Yahoo Japan soon. I ordered my copy from HMV last night... gosh, I will literally faint if mine comes signed! ^^; *fingers crossed*

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:53 am

My copy of the book is not signed, in case you guys were wondering. No problem, it will be more fun someday to get an autograph in person. Ha! ;)

Masa said nice things about the fans in Sapporo. I think it is great that both Miwa and Masa respect their fans so much. Heck, I love all DCT fans! Whenever there is a shot of the crowd in their concerts, everyone seems to be having a blast. ^^

Lucky fans on the Power Plant special concert in Sapporo got to hear Masa singing his solo songs with Mutoh on the guitar. I don't think he sang them in the first song and... I can handle the fact I can't go to Japan this year but I will not accept not seeing Masa singing these songs on the DVD. Mark my words, someone is going to pay for it. :P No really, it will be a tad more than I can take.

Something happened on the Power Plant special concert that Masa was apologizing for. He mentioned they received critics from the fans but I can't find anywhere info on what happened. I'd need a PP account to check on the site. Hmmmm.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:57 am

I'll check and see if anything was said.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Nothing on the POWER PLANT site so far...