Album Version vs Single Version (And Other Questions)

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Album Version vs Single Version (And Other Questions)

Post by Yukifox » Tue May 13, 2008 11:57 pm

I've noticed some differences downloading songs from different places and this is more of a naming issue (read: only important to me).

Are the single versions the original versions of the song, or are they the "radio" edits of the songs like they are here in America?

I've noticed a lot of songs have ~ALBUM VERSION~ after them on the discography. Does that mean the single version is the original?
Last edited by Yukifox on Fri May 30, 2008 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Wed May 14, 2008 12:48 am

Im not sure I think the single versions are the originals but about the versions some of them are not that different like Egao no yukue the only difference between the single and album version is the start is longer and doesn't cut into the song straight away I prefer the single version.

Some album versions are a little bit longer and sound more complete like the album version of jet for example plus some of the songs have been mastered different or sound abit different like the nandodemo album version for example you can't hear the elec guirtar like the single version I like the single version.

Sorry If my explanation isn't good but if you listen to both versions you may notice differences.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 am

DCT often releases singles and then includes the same songs on their album releases. They are kind enough to indicate changes from the single version by stating "album version" after the title, something that is not always done on albums in the U.S. They do the same with radio mixes (at least sometimes), so I guess you could consider the singles "the originals", at least if they haven't been released in some other form before that. The differences in versions may be small, but I think you will agree that it's enjoyable to hear the results of the ongoing process of songwriting, performing, and recording.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun May 18, 2008 9:24 am

The 'single version' is almost always the original version. Unlike in the states, you can have up to four single releases before an album even comes out. That's where the 'album version' subtitle comes from...just to let you know you'll be getting a little something different.
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Fri May 30, 2008 2:34 am

For Kessen wa Kin'youbi, what's the (Version of "THE DYNAMITES") mean?

Edit: This goes for the ("EVERLASTING" Version) of Ureshii! Tanoshii! Daisuki!! too.

Are they just album remixes of the songs? And if so, what's different? ^ ^

Also, I remember this song from the DCT pack for Stepmania, it rocks! I just got The Swinging Star, my first DCT album. :3 It's so amazingly upbeat all over! I love it! n.n

Edit: Yay, I'm a salad! n.n

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri May 30, 2008 10:16 am

"The Dynamites" were DCT's horn section, hence the extended horn part at the end of this version (the celebrated horn section used when DCT recorded in London [Martin, Raul, Nick, Peter] and on tour are sometimes referred to as "Dynamites UK").

I haven't figured out why the "EVERLASTING" version is considered to be such, although I must admit I have never compared the two versions (the "EVERLASTING" version might be longer!).

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:05 am

Sorry to bump this but dreams come true also use another dynamites not the UK version some japenese guys who play horns because I have seen videos where miwa says the dynamites and dreams come true band a good example of this is the 43rd Kouhaku Uta Gassen video where they preform Haretara ii ne.

Give you all my love love love *sorry* and Miwa says the above thanking the dynamites and DCT band.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:01 pm

If you read my post, I believe it explains about the original "Dynamites", the "Japanese guys" that Miwa is thanking. Perhaps you misunderstood the parenthetical portion describing DCT's British horn section- they're two different horn sections.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 am

Sorry my bad I know there two different horn sections sorry if I misread your post I was tired at the time. :oops: