DCT music video list, also what's your favorite dct video?

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
Old Mac & Cheese Box
DCTJoy Chibi

DCT music video list, also what's your favorite dct video?

Post by Old Mac & Cheese Box » Sun May 08, 2016 2:01 am

Does anyone have any complete list of DCT music videos and where to find them? I know there are numerous compilations but I would love to find Sony/Epic Era music videos. Are their any official compilations besides dct clips volume 1.

Also I would love to see a discussion on your guys favorite videos) My favorite music video thus far is their go for it video. Miwas contagious smile always gets me.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: DCT music video list, also what's your favorite dct video?

Post by Jei » Sun May 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Here are all the official releases :)
http://dctjoy.com/dct/section/dct_music_video_dvd/

DCT Clips V1 & Winter Song are really the only stand alone ones. All the others came as extras with their DVD/CD/VHS.
And of course there's YouTube :)

The PVs on "Love Unlimited" & "Sou da yo" are Real player format, btw...ancient :)

(I'm with you...really wish there was a full PV release from the Epic/Sony years)

As for a full PV list, I've seen a few lists, but they never seem to fully agree (or are updated properly).
Perhaps this is something we can try to do here... :)

I keep all the PVs I have/found on my phone, so here are my special ones:
  • - Eternity - It's the music video that brought most DCT fans here way back in the day
    - Sweet Revenge - That bass line + the dark hooded imagery always kicked my ass
    - Asa ga mata kuru - Great song + invented video at the height of their 90s creativity
    - Snow Dance - Love that one take feel to it
    - Jet!!!/Sunshine - Love the energy on both of them
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Despite the old tech, 'Romance' is one of my favorites; great song and performance video. 'Ola, Vitoria!' is uplifting and subtly humorous, 'Love Letter' atmospheric and sweet, and Miwa and Masa do look like they're having a lot of fun on 'Jet/Sunshine'.

This might be a good time to review, though...

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:44 am

OSAKA Lover was my first DCT video (since I started listening in 2005 or so, And I Love You was my first new album)
Tsuretette Tsuretette & Ikite yuku no desu are both really FUN videos.
Kono machi de was a really charming video. Really enjoyed the visuals on that one.
I agree with Jei, too, JET!!! and Snow Dance just have a really good feel to them. They suit the songs so well.
Also, Anata ni aitakute, simply because it's so pure. Look at them go! They're so young and fresh, hehe.

There are so many I haven't seen, though! I'd like to catch them all someday.

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Asa ga mata kuru is still my favourite DCT video. Colourful, inventive, hi-tech (for its time), It's what you'd expect a Japanese pop music video to look liie.

tokyophoto
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by tokyophoto » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:28 am

Top 3:

Nando Demo
-- Raw energy.

Eternity
-- Such a pivotal moment in DCT history, and especially moving in context of their commitment to going all out for America when the country wasn't ready for them yet. I bought a Swan Princess VHS just to get that video.

Moshimo yuki nara
-- The relaxed groove of all their NYC "offshot" moments (in between mixing) and WOW the power of the close up on Miwa next to Hudson River looking straight at the camera.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:45 pm

tokyophoto wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:28 am
Eternity
-- Such a pivotal moment in DCT history, and especially moving in context of their commitment to going all out for America when the country wasn't ready for them yet. I bought a Swan Princess VHS just to get that video.
There was a period of time when the majority of folks who came to this site came because of that video... :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Jinn
DCTJoy Member

Post by Jinn » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:55 pm

I haven't watched many of the PVs (sorry, I'm kinda of a lousy fan :lol: ), but I downloaded Snow Dance ages ago, when I got into DCT. I love it! It's fun to watch people going by while Miwa walks. (Does anyone know where it was shot?)

They also uploaded a few PVs and concert clips to their channel the past few days: https://www.youtube.com/user/dreamscome ... shelf_id=0
I liked the LIES, LIES PV :D

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 pm

'SNOW DANCE' was shot in Daikanyama. You can find my walking tour post under The Swinging Star (sorry, the photo link was lost with one of my old accounts, but I hope you will find the descriptions interesting).

'LIES,LIES' is a great single with a really cool (and appropriate) animated video.

Jinn
DCTJoy Member

Post by Jinn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 pm

nogizaka wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 pm
'SNOW DANCE' was shot in Daikanyama. You can find my walking tour post under The Swinging Star (sorry, the photo link was lost with one of my old accounts, but I hope you will find the descriptions interesting).
Thank you so much! (This is the post if anyone is wondering) It's a pity that the photos are gone, but the descriptions were really interesting! I managed to find the route in Google Maps and created a map for it! A.P.C and Hollywood Ranch Market are still there :D

Too bad I missed this when I went to Japan but... one more reason to go again :lol: