My DCT Experience

Let your fellow fans know who you are, where you're from, why you love DCT, etc...
sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

My DCT Experience

Post by sdankoehler » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:42 am

Hey everyone. In case I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Dan. I live in a small town called Manteca in California...and some fellow DCT fans say I'm probably the only DCT fan in San Joaquin County. Not for long if I can help it. 8)

Anyway, in high school my girlfriend was Japanese, and her favorite band was DCT. She gave me a tape of them that I guess was off the radio...and they played "Love Love Love." Not long after that she gave me the CD "Magic." I was exposed to the other CD's while visiting her family in Japan, where I found that she had quite a large selection of DCT and other Japanese groups. DCT was of course her favorite. Well, my interest in the group peaked in 1998 when she gave me the "Children of the Sun" concert video. Curiosity turned to instant love for the group. I had never seen them on stage before, and I was so amazed. I had been to concerts before and seen concert videos, but none like the one on that video. Ironically, I arrived back in America 4 days after they played in San Francisco in 1998.

Well, my old girlfriend and I have parted ways since then, but I didn't forget DCT. When finally in October 2002 they came back, I was of course in the front row screaming my head off. Best concert I've ever seen in person. Better than Paul McCartney, better than Eric Clapton, better than CSNY. (Ok, so my western musical tastes are a little old-fashioned). Working for a major arena allows me to see many concerts.

To rap things up, my other musical interests are mainly blues oriented, with some classic rock. I myself am a keyboard player and tend to play and compose in a blues style.

Well, I guess that's enough for now, this is probably way too long as it is. See you around. DCT ROCKS!!!

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by zberry » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:58 pm

I live in the Sacramento valley, too, and can relate to your story. I grew up in the Bay Area, loving music and spending all my hard-earned cash on music (records, CDs, concerts). I was lucky enough to see some really great bands and artists. I've only seen DCT once, last Oct. at the Fillmore, but based on that performance and their concert videos, I rate them as one of the very best live performance groups I've ever seen. A key part of that is their passion for music and joy of performing. These days, it's really hard to find artists whose albums you can't wait are released. But I'm counting the days until Miwa's album is released. That should give me a good enough fix until the next DCT record. What an awesome band, with overpowering melodies and the greatest singer on earth.