A second hi from England.

Let your fellow fans know who you are, where you're from, why you love DCT, etc...
Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

A second hi from England.

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Well I was wondering if I was the only one in the uk who had the pleasure of all things DCT. My story is much the same as James I discovered DCT via sonic the headgehog of course with 'sweet sweet sweet' and 'marry me' being featured in the game. I too am a musician and agree with James that DCT has to be one of the only bands I have found with diversity and ability to make me feel great no matter how im feeling.
James, would love to know where you are getting the cd's and what sort of import duty is payable.

Jei I found this site nearly a year and a half ago and its great.
Thanks very much :D

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:41 pm

Hey Keith...Welcome to the forums! (and Thanks!)
Glad to see even more of the UK being represented :)

You know...DCT has a history in the UK....

They spent a lot of time there during their first eight albums recording at Power Plant Studios and The Hit Factory, both in London. Miwa said once that they learned English 'on the job'...odds are good that she learned it while in England :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:22 pm

Hi Keith,

Great to have someone else on the board from England!

I get my CD's from either www.cdjapan.co.jp or www.solcd.net.

Sol CD is based in Taiwan so not all of DCT's range is available, but because a friend of mine recomended them I got some CD's. They're usually cheaper than Amazon aswell - they are NOT pirates. I can assure you they are original EMI Taiwan editions all shrink-wrapped with Chinese OBI's. He used to have a fixed shipping rate although I think he changed it recently... as for duties, the last time I ordered from him I didn't have to pay a penny. I'm waiting for "the monster" from him which was shipped out last week and I dont think I'll have to pay again this time either.
http://www.solcd.net/album_japanese.html

I ordered a DCT cd from CD Japan with a friends order and again, he wasn't charged.

So far, I havn't been charged...

I've also just won some DCT cd's from ebay from a guy based in Japan, but his discs are used... he seems nice enough though. www.thejpopshop.com - again, I'm waiting for the cd's to arrive in the mail.

James

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:40 pm

Cool at last I have got a visa card and have orded my first 3 DCT cd's from cdjapan. The Swinging Star, GREATEST HITS"THE SOUL and monkey girl odyssey. I now hope to see if i can find The monster or one i really cant seem to find the monster universal mix. :lol: Hope you are all well have not been in for a while got a new job so been working alot.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:36 am

I got The Monster Universal Mix from SolCD.net... check the link out above... I found it to be well priced aswell when I got it last year.

- James

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:23 am

Ok ordered. Lets see how long it takes to get here. :lol:

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:16 pm

CD Japan are usually very fast... less than a week for most stuff I've had! SOL cd may take 1-2 weeks on average.

BTW - WRT your mention of "Marry me" being used in the game... I read it ages ago and thought "I dont remember that" and thought you'd been mistaken. I lent my friend Sing Or Die and he gave it back saying he couldn't believe how close Marry Me was to the Green Hill Zone music.... straight away your comment came to mind.

I'd never even noticed it! It is practically the same only slowed down!

I also read on one Sonic website that Star Light Zone was based on "Kusuriyubi no Kesshin" from Million Kisses.... I can kind of hear it, but it it's a different melody although the same pattern is there from the main tune.

We're doing a Sonic style game soon... I cant wait to add my "Masa/Sonic" style music to it.... be pretty apt considering the graphics!

- James

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:43 pm

Cool at least i now know i wasnt imagining things.
Well just got dispatch confirmation from solCD. To my suprise cdJapan have yet to confirm dispatch so i only assume they are out of stock of something.
Actually looking like the solCD parcel will arive first.

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:11 pm

:? well I think my cdjapan parcel is here only the postman has it. Seems a parcel from Tokyo arrived but customs have stuck a whopping £25.94 charge on it for import duty. Im guessing buying more than one cd at a time is a bad idea. I hope to get them to redeliver so I can enjoy my purchases.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:56 am

Hey Keith...

I'm sorry to hear that, I sware, I've never had to pay a penny on items from CD Japan, the most I've ordered is two dvd's at a time.

I remember getting about 3 cd's (my friend had some) but I think we paid extra to have it marked as gift... maybe that does something?

You shouldn't have to pay with the Taiwan CD's from SOLcd because the value isn't declared.

- James

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:21 pm

Yeh next time im going with the gift idea. It seems i was charged vat and handling charge by parcel force. Buy yes the declared value didnt help.
Still having sat here and listened to my new cd's they are worth every penny.
Plus the cool free gift monkey tail key ring thingy that came with MGO.
Very happy so many tracks iv never heard all great. :lol: :D

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:48 pm

Owww.... you lucky thing! I never got a MGO keyring... mind you, I've got the Taiwanese edition of MGO.

- James