Hello. :)

Let your fellow fans know who you are, where you're from, why you love DCT, etc...
Rudy
DCTJoy Chibi

Hello. :)

Post by Rudy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:22 pm

Hello. Very nice to meet everyone. My name is Rudy. :)

I was introduced to Dreams Come True from a Sonic fansite called The Dream Avenue, back in November of 1999. The first song I ever heard was Sweet Sweet Sweet. It was just a sample, but so beautiful and captivating.

Just recently, I was able to find a place online that had a wide variety of Dreams Come True CD's and DVD's, which was CD Japan. After listening to The Swinging Star, I was indeed hooked.

I've almost got the entire collection complete now. I'm just missing Monkey Girl Odyssey from their soundtracks, and missing Wonderland 1999: Natsu no Yume from their DVD collection (though Natsu no Yume seems to be almost impossible to obtain lately..)

I've also managed to get a few other friends of mine into Dreams Come True. Miwa's voice, Masa's work with instruments, and the joy and energy that they produce really shines bright! :)

I truly am hoping that Dreams Come True will be able to pay another visit to the U.S. and other countries, or to be able to find a way to travel to Japan to see them perform. I can only dream about how wonderful the experience is to see them live! :)

Anyways, it's truly an honor to meet other Dreams Come True fans. Truly an honor to meet all of you. :)
Last edited by Rudy on Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:24 pm

Welcome! The Swinging Star was probably their best album, though the next 3 were quite solid and more musically interesting.

If you have their disc of videos you may not need MGO ... all the better tracks from MGO are on the video disc...

as for US tours, they toured first in 1998, then next in 2002, ...

(though both mini-tours were rather test appearances, so there's no real pattern yet)

Rudy
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Rudy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:31 am

The Swinging Star was indeed an excellent album. Each of their albums has something about them that shines. And with the wide variety of kind of music Miwa and Masa performs, it always leaves us to wonder what their next album will contain. (It's like a fortune cookie. You know it's going to be good, but you don't know what the fortune will be.)

As for the video DVD that contains most of the songs from Monkey Girl Odyssey, DCT Clips V1, I do have that.

And regarding the mini-tours back in 1998 and 2002, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a 2006 tour. I will admit, when I heard that they performed over at Walt Disney World in 2002, I felt so disappointed, as I live less than an hour away from there..

Thank you so much for the reply. :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:08 pm

Welcome to the forum! Woah, I discovered Dreams Come True the very same way you did! I used to play Sonic on Genesis since it first came out... and I kept playing both Sonic 1 & 2 for many years, even recorded the songs in a cassette tape to listen on my walkman - I feel so old saying that! :lol:

In 1997, I came across an MP2 (yeah, I said *MP2*) of Sweet Sweet Sweet and the rest is history! :) Heehee.

You made a good point there about Wonderland 99 natsu. I'm looking for it myself but I can't find it where to buy! :cry:

Anyhow, I hope you will have fun here discussing DCT with us!

Bye,
Priscila.

Rudy
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Rudy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:14 pm

You do have to admit, Sweet Sweet Sweet is very captivating and magical. :D

It makes me wonder how many others in the Sonic community has heard Sweet Sweet Sweet and know about Dreams Come True? I know quite a few who's played Sonic 1 and 2, and when asked if they've ever heard Dreams Come True, they usually reply with "Name doesn't ring a bell".

I'll keep on trying to introduce others to Dreams Come True. So far, most become hooked once they hear Miwa and Masa in action. (Thank you Jei for all of the samples on the site!)

As for Wonderland 1999: Natsu no Yume, I did find it on DCT's site, as well as on Amazon Japan, but they don't ship outside of Japan.. :(

Anyways, I'll be hanging around here for a long while. :)