Hello everyone!

Let your fellow fans know who you are, where you're from, why you love DCT, etc...
JOHAN
DCTJoy Salad

Hello everyone!

Post by JOHAN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:53 pm

Hello everyone! Johan here. I'm from Malaysia, but am currently in my final semester of studies here in Australia, so I'll be back in Malaysia very soon.

I've been a DCT fan since 2002 when I played the Dancing Stage game for the old PS1. Immediately I was hooked onto their songs and have never turned back since. Technically, it was DCT that got me into j-pop before other acts did.

The first song I could remember hearing (and playing on the game) was SNOW DANCE and that gave me an idea on how amazing this band was. The song that really got me into liking the band even more was Asa Ga Mata Kuru, which until now is probably my favourite song of all time from DCT, although at the moment, their latest song, Aishiteru No Sign could have it beat.

I've got three of their DVDs (Wonderland 2003, DIAMOND 15 and THE LOVE ROCKS) and must say that all of them are wonderful, especially their Wonderland 2003 DVD (I remembered getting goosebumps when Asa Ga Mata Kuru was performed, as well as the opening piano keys of Mirai Yosouzu II). I do hope that DCT will release this year's Wonderland concert for the benefits of those who weren't able to attend their concerts (like me).

Anyways, yoroshiku onegai-shimasu!

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:18 pm

Welcome to forums, Johan!
I'm curious...how's the popularity of DCT in Mayalasia (or even Australia)?

Count on there being a Wonderland 2007 DVD! :)
BTW, what's your favorite album? ^^

Welcome again!
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

JOHAN
DCTJoy Salad

Post by JOHAN » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:55 am

Thanks Jei. DCT isn't popular in Malaysia, unfortunately. The ones who probably have heard of DCT would probably stem from the one j-drama which used LOVE LOVE LOVE as the opening theme. Aside from that, I don't think a lotta Malaysians know DCT with the exception of the other Malaysian DCT fan in this forum. The same can be said for Australia as the only ones who probably know them are those into j-pop. In Malaysia though, several DCT albums are sold, but unfortunately, are very rare to find these days due to not being so popular.

My favourite album? I would probably say The Soul. Almost all of my favourite DCT songs are in there and I don't think any DCT lover could go wrong with that album. It's fantastic as a greatest hits compilation album, but as a stand-alone album, I think THE LOVE ROCKS is my favourite due to some of the various styles DCT used in that album.