Hello From Australia

Let your fellow fans know who you are, where you're from, why you love DCT, etc...
Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Hello From Australia

Post by Johnny » Tue May 13, 2008 7:24 am

Hello I'm John the first time I heard dreams come true or got interest in them I was browsing a sonic fan related website and Found out that a man called masato nakamura did the music for sonic 1 and Dreams Come True was credited for sonic 2 and learn't some stuff about them and how some songs sound like sonic songs or are based off them ala sweet sweet sweet\sonic 2 ending melody.

The first song of DCT I heard was Sweet sweet Sweet then Kusuriyubi no Kesshin and after that my collection of songs has grown I have what I consider there old hits and some of there newer songs like asa mata kuru I like that song plus the kangaroo in the video clip I know it's not a reffereance to australia but there are kangaroos here.

I like the band miwa and masa and I think even though he didn't do much I think taka was my favourite and masa and miwa come second but I really like there music or most of it and love the album wonder 3.

Now I will list songs that I like old or modern: haretara ii ne (love this one) , ano natsu no hanabi , Escape ( really like this one) , Kessen wa kinyoubi (like this one not as much as others) , Eyes to Me, Kusuriyubi no Kesshin( love it also sounds like starlight zone from sonic 1 the singing) , futari no difference , asa mata kuru , Kyo Dake wa, Nandodemo (love this one) , Mascara Matsuge , sweet sweet sweet, eago no yukue , Happy Gappy Birthday , jet!!! , Ureshi Hazukashi Asagaeri,

There's lots more but you get the idea also when Happy Happy Birthday was performed at Wonderland 2007 I like how the MC said Australia but he said that it was peoples birthdays all over the world love that part of the concert because the abnds together on the one stage smiling and so forth.

to finsih of I will say BA-BA-BA-BA-BANG!!! lol like the end of happy happy birthday.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue May 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Welcome Johnny!

Thanks for introducing yourself and joining the site. :)
Think you've answered all the questions I usually have for new members. ^_-

Out of curiosity, what's the JPop and/or DCT fandom like in Australia?
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Wed May 14, 2008 12:20 am

Um DCT/ Jpop fandom Um I dunno because I don't know any people who listen to jpop or DCT here and I don't know any asian people except my dentist she's chinese and nice. Offtopic I wish dreams come true did wonderland concerts in other countries like Australia,America E.c.t. or if they made more english songs or english remakes of old songs have a wonderland concert where miwa sings some english and japanese either would be great but they would have to start there career in those countries or america which they tried to with there worldwide or american edition cd's like sing or die, the monster hope they try again.

Also this is back on topic well I don't know anybody who listens to jpop but I went on to a JB-hifi a local music stores website and you could buy some DCT albums but they had to imported from america and are speical orders.

Even if they don't have stock or can't order them it's good I found them.

But they may not be available because: SPECIAL ORDER items are a special case - unfortunately we can't provide availability for Special Order items as these are usually non-stock items, difficult to supply, or have intermittent availablity.
The albums they had listed were Dreams Come True, Love Goes On, Seventh of July Sunny Day, Sing Or Die (Bonus Tracks).

The prices vary from $38.99 AUD for Love Goes On , Seventh of July Sunny Day, $55.99 AUD for Sing Or Die (Bonus Tracks) and for there first album $64.99 AUD I can understand why the first album is more epensive plus cd's in japan are bit more exspensive plus this doesn't factor in postage costs lol.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun May 18, 2008 9:36 am

Well, the band has said that they haven't given up on bringing their music back to the west, so eventually (hopefully) you'll probably get your wish. ^^

When it comes to those CDs, you might want to try to order it directly from Japan, instead of importing an import from the US. You can try:

CDJapan
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

Amazon Japan
http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b/re ... de=1094656

HMV
http://www.hmv.co.jp/?lang=en
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Re: Hello From Australia

Post by sdankoehler » Mon May 19, 2008 2:32 am

Johnny wrote: There's lots more but you get the idea also when Happy Happy Birthday was performed at Wonderland 2007 I like how the MC said Australia but he said that it was peoples birthdays all over the world love that part of the concert because the abnds together on the one stage smiling and so forth.
That was a sweet moment in the concert. I loved it when he mentioned America too...and that blues jam was totally awesome!

I sure hope they haven't given up on the west. I hope we all get our wish there!

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Wed May 21, 2008 9:04 am

For some reason I don't think they have given up on the west I have an Idea for an english single they could do or they could do an album for the west but my idea for the single is the mirai yosouzu II worldwide version from that honda advertisment and maybe another song/songs.

But I swear getting somewhere in the west is there dream or recognition because i can rememeber seeying a old doco on them on a certain streaming site that i won't mention and they talk to Mike Pela and he said all that dreams come true want is to make good music and be known or spread it around the world or something along those lines and you see him mixing the song escape and masa like does arm movements to the drums and says right great i get the feeling masa knows the most english.

Also they named there powerplant fan club after a music studio called powerplant studios I think in the Uk not sure, because they have worked in america and the uk.