Hello from Mercury

Let your fellow fans know who you are, where you're from, why you love DCT, etc...
Mercury
DCTJoy Member

Hello from Mercury

Post by Mercury » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi, how you doin'?

I'm one of those DCT fans who was introduced to them through Masa's fantastic scores for the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Genesis. Since I first played Sonic when I was about 5, I guess I've been a fan of his music for as long as I can remember!

Of course I've since come to enjoy DCT in all their forms, from their most melodic ballads to Funk the Peanuts. My favourite album is probably Wonder 3 (but it's so hard to decide!)

I'm an amateur musician and programmer, and I'm currently making a (pretty ambitious) Sonic fangame, with particular emphasis on the music (gameplay affects it and vice versa). It's quite good fun to get "under the hood" with Masa's great instrumentals, to remix and expand upon them.

Well, see you around!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Hello Mercury and welcome to the board! ^^ It is always nice to have more fans getting here. May I ask, where are you from?

I'm also a HUGE fan of Sonic's soundtrack. It was when I was about 8 years old I first played Sonic in a game rental shop. Green Hill Zone's theme got stuck in my mind so years later, when I already had a Genesis I heard "Sweet Sweet Sweet" and the rest is history.

I'm also a huge fan of their early stuff. Sayonara o Matteru from Wonder 3 would be enough to make me list this album as a favorite. Only it happens ALL other tracks are amazing too.

I have a very limited knowledge of programming from what I have seen my brothers work. I think it is pretty good idea to make a game that you can actually change the music with the game play. I hope you will be able to show us a bit of it sometime.

I'd better go because I have talked too much already. HAHA! ^^

Mercury
DCTJoy Member

Post by Mercury » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:51 am

Thanks for the welcome! I was born in the USA, but I'm so interested in other cultures and languages and interact with so much foreign music and TV that I feel like a citisen of the world. And I've always spelt the the British way, too, for some reason! :P

About my game, I was inspired by the early development idea of Sega's that Sonic would be a member of a band. I take this idea and run with it, and put Sonic in a trio (called Wonder 3 as a cheeky tip of the hat to our favourite group :) ). I hope to have a demo (or at least some finished music) to show off soon, but there's still so much to do!

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 am

heh, great icon from 1989!

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 pm

I love how the first words you say are hi, how are you doin,? which is what Miwa says on the first track on the first album lol.
I was also introduced to DCT through sonic I think alot of people were but not all some people have properly benn listening from the beginning.

Wonder 3 FTW lol I like that album as well if I had to pick 3 songs I liked off that album I would choose and there all pretty cool sayonara o matteru, open sesame , and escape but I really do like jikan Ryokou and the rest of the album lol.

It's is hard to decide with albums and I have only heard a couple need more to listen to lol but I think I like old school DCT more but there newer stuff isn't to shabby as well.

I wonder how your remixes will turn out also I really want somebody to make a sonic hack for genesis\megadrive that has remixed dct tunes but on the limited genesis\megadrive hardware it would be a challenge.

What i mean for the hack or music hack is it has marry me for green hill, kessen wa kinyoubi for labrynth zone, and Kusuriyubi no Kesshin for starlight for the other zones I have no idea and it could turn into more than a music hack.

And I'm not a programmer but I think some people over at Sonic Retro Forums http://forums.sonicretro.org/ would be capable.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)