Dreams DO come true sometimes! ^^

Talk with your fellow DCTJoy members about anything you want!
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Dreams DO come true sometimes! ^^

Post by nakoruru » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 am

Guys, I'm very happy to say tell you that I have joined a chorus. It has been always been a dream of mine to become a singer. If I could covert 1% of the love for singing in talent, I would be as good as Miwa. ^^;;; I'm actually hoping to improve my skills but so far I'm having a blast on this chorus. It is truly a dream come true for me.

I've become a member of the chorus run by the British Embassy. So over the holidays we were singing Christmas songs in English. Now for the 40 days before Easter, we are singing religious songs in Latin. I'm glad I was able to join this chorus because I didn't want to sing in Portuguese. And I got just that! :)

All I gotta do now is get the maestro guy to agree to let us sing some DCT tunes and then that's it! ;) I WISH!!! HAHA!!!

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:34 am

Congrats! Any video out there of you singing? :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Mercury
DCTJoy Member

Post by Mercury » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 am

Wow, that's really cool! Congratulations. I dream sometimes of singing with a band... maybe someday.

This coming Christmas you might suggest some seasonal DCT tunes, eh? :)

Good luck with continuing to pursue your dream. Ganbatte!

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:57 pm

your writing in English is so freaking fluent but being a former English teacher I can guess that you need the speaking/singing practice!

But music is an excellent way to learn the language . . . I got the chance to speak some Japanese last month at the Polysics concert and was surprised that if anything my Japanese is better now than it was when I left Japan 10 years ago, thanks to me getting a daily dose of JPOP from numerous sources.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Jei wrote:Congrats! Any video out there of you singing? :)
Thanks! Not yet, thankfully! LOL! I probably look like this :shock: when the maestro guy is listening to us then like this :? after he makes a comment. HAHA!
Mercury wrote:Wow, that's really cool! Congratulations. I dream sometimes of singing with a band... maybe someday.
Thank you!!!! I would like to go solo someday but if you still don't have practice, a chorus is just perfect. You don't have to be a GREAT singer, as your voice will blend with everyone else. It is a good place to start.
tachikaze wrote:your writing in English is so freaking fluent but being a former English teacher I can guess that you need the speaking/singing practice!
Thanks! I'm actually shocked I'm freaking fluent! What I tell you I never ever had ONE English class in my life?

I actually have MORE practice speaking English. My dad (lived in the US for an year) so he taught my older brother who taught me and my other brother. So up to this day I still speak in English with my brothers and I used to practice with my dad, too. Plus... I'm in a long distance relationship with an American! ^^;;; So we talk a lot on Skype. On top of that, I'm a bilingual receptionist. I talk with foreign clients everyday.