Japan Earthquake

Talk with your fellow DCTJoy members about anything you want!
Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Japan Earthquake

Post by Johnny » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/at ... 6020147732

Hope people are ok where do DCT reside this is the second earthquake I've heard of this year the first was New Zeland and last year there were a few earthquakes as well.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

Mercury
DCTJoy Member

Post by Mercury » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 am

Masa is still posting to his Blog, there were well-wishes from him and Miwa on the 11th so I guess they're okay. Maybe someone who knows enough Japanese can shed some light on what he's saying on the later posts, though.

The earthquake business is really horrible, but I'm so glad Japan is more prepared for things like this, with nation-wide annual drills and everything. I can't imagine how much worse this could have been.

I've been in pretty scary earthquakes before, living in California, but nothing that shook for minutes on end. It must have been terrifying! :(

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 am

It is devastating but the nation-wide drills would help I'm lucky in Australia you only get small earth tremors or tiny shakes you can barely feel from occasion.

the worst I've read is about 4.7 on the Richter scale? not sure NZ's earthquake this year was 6.3 and japans 8.9 which is massive.

From the videos I saw of the quake I would of pee'd myself lol.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)