When to start planning for Wonderland 2007?

Read up on the latest Dreams Come True Tour news!
newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

When to start planning for Wonderland 2007?

Post by newrynyuk » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:16 pm

Hi there y'all,

Intrigued by Jei's report from the Wonderland 2003 shows, I bought the DVD to see for myself. Wow! What a show, and what a performer Miwa is!

Anyways, having watched the DVD and enjoyed it throughly, I've taken to the crazy idea of going to the next Wonderland concerts in, I guess, 2007. But how?

Basically, if such a tour happens, how far in advance are the dates announced? When do the tickets go on sale? Would they be on sale online anywhere?

All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Newrynyuk.

PS: BTW, as an aside, can any Japanese speakers on the forum tell me what exactly did Miwa say in the tearful speech at the end of Wonderland 2003?

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:54 pm

in general it's impossible to buy things online from Japan.

amazon.co.jp being the major exception (that proves the rule).

I don't regret not seeing DCT in Japan in 1995 or 1999, since the show I caught in SF in 2002 was basically equivalent to being invited up on stage at WL, standing so close. Or you know how Miwa goes out onto the catwalks among the audience and sings a bit to a small part of the crowd? That was how the full Fillmore concert was! I don't think I can go back to a stadium concert after paying $25 for stagefront! Masa gave me and a couple of other people a high-five when first coming out. Tough for WL to beat that!

I was so close to Miwa I actually moved back a bit to get a better view of Masa.

So my hope is that DCT comes back to the states again. Not sure they will, since maybe they will just stick to the Japanese market.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:22 pm

tachikaze, I'm so envious! :twisted: :lol:

I rekon it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to return to the UK and do a few shows with a propar attempted European launch since we never even had one. :roll:

- James

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:48 am

"Return to the UK"? Lordy, when were they here?

I do realise that if DCT did concerts in the US, I would get a much better view of them there. And were such an American tour were to occur, I'd consider going to that too. Nevertheless I would like the experience of a big Wonderland show.

Over to you, Jei. If it happens in 2007, how far in advance would it be announced? How did you get tickets for Wonderland 2003?

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:43 pm

All the early albums were recorded here in the UK, when produced by Mike Pela. I read on the forums somewhere they picked up English during their time over here.

Some of their early videos were shot in the UK and i rekon some of the photo shoots from the UK recorded albums were done here too. I recognise the BT telegraph pole in one shot! :P

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:53 am

newrynyuk wrote: I do realise that if DCT did concerts in the US, I would get a much better view of them there. And were such an American tour were to occur, I'd consider going to that too. Nevertheless I would like the experience of a big Wonderland show.
While I enjoyed the closeness of the US show, Masa's English banter, and a truely unique experience that even PP members don't get....

Nothing compares to the total experience that is a Wonderland...
The FULL band...a more complete catalog of their songs...tens of thousands of hardcore fans and their amazing energy...even Masa & Miwa perform more enthusiastically during the Wonderlands...(and that's not even including all the hours & bands that came on before them...)...

[Side Note: The number of foreigners I saw on both days I could count on both hands...a.k.a. you will stand out...b.k.a. you'll get to meet some DCT fans based solely on that...^o^]

Over to you, Jei. If it happens in 2007, how far in advance would it be announced? How did you get tickets for Wonderland 2003?
It would depend upon whether or not there would be more than just the Summer Wonderland series...I would imagine at least 6-9 months before the actual concerts...they did it 7 months last time...

As for the best way...see if you can make friends with one of the members of the Power Plant (DCT's fan club)...they get first crack at the tickets (among other things)...

As for me, I had a friend who was going, who hooked me up (lucky for me)...can't guarantee I'll be able to get the same hookup for '07 tho...
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:07 pm

Jei wrote: While I enjoyed the closeness of the US show, Masa's English banter, and a truely unique experience that even PP members don't get....
lol :D Can you remember what masa said?

- james

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:18 pm

[quote]
[Side Note: The number of foreigners I saw on both days I could count on both hands...a.k.a. you will stand out...b.k.a. you'll get to meet some DCT fans based solely on that...^o^][/quote]

Not in my case I won't. Although I'm a London-based Irishman, I'm of Chinese parentage, so I'd blend in only too well. My lack of Japanese notwithstanding.

[quote]As for the best way...see if you can make friends with one of the members of the Power Plant (DCT's fan club)...they get first crack at the tickets (among other things)...[/quote]

Oh well, another impossible dream dashed. I had kinda hoped tickets would be obtainable on a Japanese equivalent of Ticketmaster. Naive or what?

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

actually

Post by tachikaze » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:47 am

there is a Japanese ticketmaster -- it's called Ticket Pia.

http://t.pia.co.jp/

via google I see they sold the tickets via Ticket Pia and Lawson.

http://dctgarden.com/DWL2003/ticket/

Looking over Pia's webpage they do a lot of weird stuff -- you can download onto a phone or make a printout -- probably you can swing it from overseas if you give them a fake Japanese address, although maybe they check the billing of your credit card to verify. If you can buy the ticket overseas, you can bring the printout into any Family Mart (a convenience store chain) and they will print a real ticket out.

The tickets were sold 4 months ahead of time, so not sure if this will work. It might!

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:49 am

James -- Masa did fake translation for Miwa, who didn't speak any english at all. He was very funny pretending not to speak english very well.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:18 pm

tachikaze wrote:James -- Masa did fake translation for Miwa, who didn't speak any english at all. He was very funny pretending not to speak english very well.
Yepper...very amusing...
Masa as a bad United Nations translator ^o^
(Sorry...don't remember specific comments...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:57 am

[quote="tachikaze"]there is a Japanese ticketmaster -- it's called Ticket Pia.

http://t.pia.co.jp/

via google I see they sold the tickets via Ticket Pia and Lawson.
quote]

Hmm, thanks tachikaze. This might be an avenue worth investigating.

..."Lawson"?

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:38 am

lawson is a convenience store chain.

am/pm (awesome) -> familymart -> lawson -> sunkus -> 7/11 (ok)

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:53 pm

Thanks again, tachikaze. Lawsonticket.com is another possibility. I just hope one of them will accept orders from overseas. So there IS some hope of making it to the next Wonderland after all.

Now, back to my original post. What did Miwa say at the tearful end of the Wonderland 2003? And what did Masa say in reply that got such a laugh?

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:52 am

Well, since I started this thread because I wanted to go to Wonderland 2007. It's only right that I post and say that I did indeed go!

I was at yesterday's show at the Fukuoka Yahoo! Japan Dome and had an excellent time. A full report will follow sometime next week when I return home. Suffice to say, MY dream has come true.