MTV Super Dry Live on May 28

Read up on the latest Dreams Come True Tour news!
zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

MTV Super Dry Live on May 28

Post by zberry » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:45 pm

OK, what's up with this Super Dry Live concert on May 28? I'm going to be in Japan on May 28 and would love to try to catch this show. DCT is the headliner on this show, right? Or is it a three-co-headliners type of show?
Did I read correctly that it's at the Yoyogi pool? I suppose tickets will be available through the dafuya (scalpers)? Any other suggestions on possible ticket sources (legal or illegal). Are there "ticket broker" types of establishments in Tokyo? I remember a few places where I used to buy movie tickets, but I don't remember if they sell concert tickets, too.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: MTV Super Dry Live on May 28

Post by Jei » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 am

This is great news! :)

Last year had an interesting combo...Mary J Blige & Ayumi Hamasaki (and more) ^^
zberry wrote:OK, what's up with this Super Dry Live concert on May 28? I'm going to be in Japan on May 28 and would love to try to catch this show. DCT is the headliner on this show, right? Or is it a three-co-headliners type of show?
From past shows, it looked like they were all on even ground. Hopefully there'll be more bands added for this one. ^^
Did I read correctly that it's at the Yoyogi pool?
It's at Yoyogi Daiichi Taiikukan...same place as last time
http://www.naash.go.jp/yoyogi/ichitai_sisetu.html
I suppose tickets will be available through the dafuya (scalpers)? Any other suggestions on possible ticket sources (legal or illegal). Are there "ticket broker" types of establishments in Tokyo? I remember a few places where I used to buy movie tickets, but I don't remember if they sell concert tickets, too.
They mention something about an invitiation system here:
http://www.superdry-mtv.com/faq/02.html#q07

Regular sale might not be possible...^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by zberry » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:54 pm

That invitation system looks to be for Japan residents only. Boo! I wonder if they check ID to verify identify of people holding invitations? And nothing against Ashanti or Soul'd Out, but I doubt that either can hold a candle to DCT. If each artist only gets to play 45 minutes or so, it will suck. But if DCT gets to play a full, or nearly full set, I can handle it.
I'm going to rearrange my schedule so I'm in Tokyo on May 28 and I'll go to Yoyogi and see if I can find a way in. When you have a chance to see a great artist like DCT, you do whatever you can to get in the hall. It doesn't always work out, but the way I see it, that's the agreement that exists. The artist writes the best songs they can and puts on the best show they can. That's their part of the deal. Then when the artist comes to your town or you have a chance to see them somewhere, you go and cheer your ass off.