Spaceman's Wonderland 2015 Tokyo review

Read up on the latest Dreams Come True Tour news!
Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Spaceman's Wonderland 2015 Tokyo review

Post by Spaceman » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:21 pm

I know this is being posted a bit later than I had panned, but at least newrynyuk won't have to avoid it for long :lol:

So I had tickets for both of the shows in Tokyo, why both, well if your going to fly a 1/3 of the way round the world for the weekend just to go see a concert, you might as well go to both of them, plus it reduces the cost per show as well :lol:
The venue was at the Tokyo Dome just North of the centre of Tokyo. I did briefly consider staying at the Hotel onsite there, but then I saw the prices :x
If I've done this right you should be able to click on the photos for the bigger versions
And an overhead shot from the world's tallest free-standing broadcasting tower the Tokyo Skytree which had a Star Wars thing going on on the top floor which was a nice surprise :o
As I mentioned in the main thread I passed by the area quite early on the Saturday, just to see if anything was going on, and found the merchandise stands were open
So I decided to jump right in then and there as I expected that there would be quite a queue later on. You get given a leaflet on the way in with pretty pictures and prices on, no idea what most of the stuff was, so just played safe with the T-shirt and scarf :D
There was also a very nice banner thing to have your picture taken in front of
And here was what the queue looked like closer to show time :roll:
Note to self for next time 'Always get there early' end note :)

So onto the concert itself, one of the guards on the gate I was entering through on the Saturday saw me taking pictures of the gate, so I had to hand the camera into the holding area and pick it up after the show, of course that was after he had to get someone who could speak english to explain that that was what he wanted me to do :D
So you'll have to imagine the scene in your mind, I was pretty much right at the back of the stadium but the incline down was quite steep so it had the effect of looking down on the whole stage which was similar to the Wonder99 Winter one, but instead of an complete outer circle it was like in three sections with a runway out to each one with seating areas in-between them, there was also a big circular video wall above the centre island on which was shown the main action of the show for us in the cheap seats and also the lyrics. Above that was a white circular curtain hanging from the roof on which during the show was projected images relating to the songs being played, rain, tears that sort of thing, which probably won't make it onto the DVD/Blu-ray release, which I think will be a shame as I thought was very effective and really added to the atmosphere.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

The Show kicked off at 5:30 with a guy wandering out onto the stage to the sound of birds tweeting and someone knocking coconuts together :)
I believe he was pretending to be on a horse and I think he was looking for Miwa but it was difficult to hear what he was shouting as they didn't give him a mic :lol: anyway he covered the whole stage a couple of times then went off before the main throng of musicians and performers came in from the side and the wonderland theme started.
Miwa and Masa made their appearance after the theme finished to huge cheers, but I'll just gloss over how they got there :wink:
Flying sequences started almost immediately with Miwa in her white Queen dress looking fabulous, getting a lot more adventurous with some of her manoeuvres, she was clearly feeling really comfortable in the rig swooping down so close to the fans in the floor area :) Masa also got a little bit of air time, but not too much maybe he'll do a bit more next time :D
After the first couple of songs they did the intros and Rin got a Huge cheer, far bigger than anyone else got.
After a few more songs then they went out to the different walkways for the Love, Tears, Life sets each one was preceded by Masa putting on an outfit and announcing it and I think they had little video intros on the screen as well :)
Other highlights included, what they did with the bike for Ring! Ring! Ring!, that was good fun, the Huge dress she had on for one song was just fabulous, oh to have been in the floor area for that one :wink: The outer stages moved round as well so they could circulate the outer stages without getting off them.
Before I knew it 3 hours had flown by and they were heading off stage for a rest while the usual Mexican waves went around the stadium accompanied by loud clapping echoing all around.
They were soon back out for the Encore though, with the usual pyrotechnics accompanying Ano Natsu no Hanabi and finishing up with a rousing rendition of Mata ne, all that was left then were the usual extended goodbyes with them running all over the stages waving at everyone :D
Hidden Content

The whole show ran for just under 3.5 hours including the break and was possibly the best one yet, not 100% sure on that yet though will need to wait for the Disc to come out so I can get a better view of it :D
I think this page is indicating that it will be on the TV on the 21st March http://www.skyperfectv.co.jp/special/dc ... 1451205346 not sure though.

After messaging Jinn before the show I found out that we were seated very close to each other so we decided to meet up afterwards and have a chat, couldn't do much more than that as it was at least 9:30 by the time we got outside and I needed to get some sleep in before having to be out of the hotel at 8am the next morning to get back to the airport :!: On the metro in rush hour, what fun :roll:
Hidden Content

Now I just can't wait for the next one :D

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: Spaceman's Wonderland 2015 Tokyo review

Post by Jei » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks for the great review, Spaceman! And all the various pics...quite the insight ^_-
(Applaud for your use of that special feature... ;) )

Everyone loves Rin :) I remember seeing her in 2007...crowd lost it when they saw then too. ^^

I'm also glad you and Jinn got to meet there...another DCTJoy Forum Wonderland concert encounter! :D
I'm also envious of those Wonderland t-shirts! ;)

Yeah, they're showing it on March 21, with the previous Wonderlands each month before it too.

Anything that really surprised you? :)

I can't wait for the discs now! :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Jei wrote: Everyone loves Rin :) I remember seeing her in 2007...crowd lost it when they saw then too. ^^
At first I thought it might have been because it was the first time she had come back, but have since seen the Attack 25 concert and found she was there as well :D
Jei wrote:I'm also glad you and Jinn got to meet there...another DCTJoy Forum Wonderland concert encounter! :D
I'm also envious of those Wonderland t-shirts! ;)
Yeah it was nice to have a perfectly understandable conversation with someone and maybe we should of taken our coats off to get the full effect of the t-shirts :lol:
Now you know what I look like do you remember seeing me in New York :?:
Jei wrote:Anything that really surprised you? :)
The sheer scale of the stage was impressive, you see them on the videos and think that looks big, but when you walk in there and see it laid out in front of you, it's just whoah :shock:
And yeah I can't wait the disc now either, going to cost a small fortune to import it now yesasia don't do import tax free shipping :(

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Spaceman wrote: Now you know what I look like do you remember seeing me in New York :?:
Hmm...I don't think so. Or maybe my memory isn't what it used to be ;)
Spaceman wrote: And yeah I can't wait the disc now either, going to cost a small fortune to import it now yesasia don't do import tax free shipping :(
Have you tried Amazon.co.jp? Some of their pre-release sales make it really worth it. :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Jinn
DCTJoy Member

Post by Jinn » Wed May 11, 2016 10:25 pm

Really late to this :lol: But great review! It was such an amazing concert!

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Jei wrote:Have you tried Amazon.co.jp? Some of their pre-release sales make it really worth it. :)
They currently have it at 27% off, which pretty much offsets the shipping and import duties which they seem to have a scheme to prepay which is nice :) so I've ordered it from there :D
It's also, as I write this, number 1 and 2 on the Best Sellers in J-POP Music DVDs :lol:
Jinn wrote:Really late to this :lol: But great review! It was such an amazing concert!
Thanks Jinn :P