Diamond15 Concert DVD -- July 27!!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Diamond15 Concert DVD -- July 27!!

Post by Jei » Fri May 20, 2005 10:14 am

It's official...The Diamond15 Concert DVD is coming out on July 27th!!
(Woohoo!!)

Here's the working info:
http://www.dctjoy.com/dreamscometrue/cu ... ay202005-1

Very nice...the first non Wonderland DVD since Children of the Sun ^_^
Last edited by Jei on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Sat May 21, 2005 7:43 pm

Hurrah! Better get my order in to CDJapan...

What's this "special DVD" that comes in the limited edition? I'm guessing it's the same 15 minute behind-the-scenes short feature DVD that came free with the tour brochure. Definitely worth having if it is.

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Sun May 22, 2005 2:29 pm

Can someone please post URLs when it gets posted on Amazon Japan or CD Japan?

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun May 22, 2005 3:05 pm

newrynyuk wrote: What's this "special DVD" that comes in the limited edition? I'm guessing it's the same 15 minute behind-the-scenes short feature DVD that came free with the tour brochure. Definitely worth having if it is.
From what I can tell...interviews with the full band, performance, staff...backstage stuff...a making of type thing...some sort of on stage talk between M&M...A bunch of TV commercials, as well...
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue May 31, 2005 7:52 am

jlick wrote:Can someone please post URLs when it gets posted on Amazon Japan or CD Japan?
Limited Edition:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UPBH-9185

Regular Edition:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UPBH-1168

Bam! :)
-Jay

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:25 pm

Don't forget to get your preorders in soon if you want the Limited Edition!

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:09 am

I got a box from CD Japan today which contained the limited edition Diamond15 Concert DVD (plus the new Tommy Heavenly6 single). I've been pretty busy today, so I haven't been able to sit down and watch it. The DCTJoy site already has info on the main DVD, so let's look at the other stuff.

The limited edition comes in a plastic case with a cardboard slipcover. Inside are two DVDs, the regular concert DVD plus the limited edition extra DVD. The extra DVD contains a 51 minute "behind the scenes" video of how the concert was put together, plus 12 TV promo clips. You also get a Diamond15 ACCESS ALL AREA badge, a foldout that has a poster with red hearts all over it on one side and concert credits and info on the back. You also get a neck strap that is white with red hearts on it that can be used either for your cell phone or for your backstage pass.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:38 pm

jlick wrote:I got a box from CD Japan today
Nice...my CDJapan box is wasting away in Chicago OHare customs right now...curse my current longitude & latitude! 8)
which contained the limited edition Diamond15 Concert DVD (plus the new Tommy Heavenly6 single).
Got an m-flo DVD and a Koda Kumi CD/DVD coming too ^^

Thanks for the extra DVD info!
-Jay

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:28 pm

Jei wrote:Nice...my CDJapan box is wasting away in Chicago OHare customs right now...curse my current longitude & latitude!
One nice thing about living in Taipei is that CD Japan EMS service almost always gets here next day.

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by zberry » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:06 am

I moved while the CD was in route, and I just received it at my new place.
First, I love the beginning. The Open Sesame intro followed by Asahi no Senrei and Kessen no Kinyoubi is overpowering. The only way to put on a kick-ass show is to have a kick-ass beginning, and they did. Miwa's intro was very dramatic. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there, knowing that what you've been waiting for for weeks or months has finally arrived and it's even better than you'd hoped.
The dude named MC Marse was great. His voice really added something to the songs, and he has one of the coolest looks I've ever seen. And speaking of fashion, let's not forget Masa's courage in wearing the feather suit.
The digital images are super clear and the DVD really does give you the best seat in the house, and even makes you feel like you're on stage. I mean, the close-up on Miwa as she's sitting on the diamond singing Ima Mo was unbelievable.
At this point, DCT is so good and they make it look so effortless that you forget how hard it is to put on a show of that caliber. The supplemental DVD in the limited edition gives a behind the scenes look at all the planning.
Another thing that occurred to me is that DCT has come up with a great solution to a huge problem for bands: remaining creative while giving the fans the hits they want. DCT has the Wonderland shows every 4 years which are basically greatest hits shows, and everyone knows that's what they are. Then they have a tour like Diamond 15, where they play basically every song and the whole show is mainly about the new songs. I think it's a great arrangement. Otherwise, bands tend to become parodies of themselves, repeating the same greatest-hits show time after time.
Like all DCT DVDs I own, I'm sure this one will give me so much viewing pleasure that it will seem like the biggest bargain of all time.

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:12 pm

I was out shopping for DVDs yesterday and noticed that Warner Taiwan has released a Diamond15 Concert DVD. Except for a sticker saying "For Sale Outside Japan Only" and some Warner Taiwan labels, it looks pretty much the same as the Japanese version (regular, not limited). If you'd like to save a few bucks, this one goes for about US$20 in Taiwan.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:48 pm

"I'm sure this one will give me so much viewing pleasure that it will seem like the biggest bargain of all time."

Standing at center-front of the stage equidistant between Miwa and Masa for the Fillmore set for ~$20 on Oct 16, 2002 was the biggest entertainment bargain of all time for me (you know a DCT concert is going to be good when Masa gives you a high-5 coming out :))

But I do almost think having the concert DVD is a better deal than being 2/3rds the way back in sucky seats for a normal concert...

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Yup

Post by sdankoehler » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:58 pm

Yeah...hard to believe it's been over 3 years since that concert.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:35 pm

Realized that I haven't written thoughts about the DVD yet...@_@

Definitely one of my fave concerts...frankly better than the 2003 concert DVD (just the DVD, not the concert experience itself) and 'Sing or Die' DVD. After such a great year, it's good to see them putting on a great show in support of it...

Few spot comments:

- Great version of 'Open Sesame' at the beginning. Always thought that Masa should do more instrumentals at some point...

- 'Asahi' & 'Kessen' should always be played together...made for each other

- Did anyone hear the audio drop down a little during 'Asahi' & 'Mascara'?

- I want the job of the guy in the background who spoke nothing but English...I can soo do that. Give me a sharp suit and I'm there :)

- Yatta! The real horns are back! ^_^

- DCT has always been so good at making even the least interesting DCT song fly when performed in concert ^^

- A danceable (club) version of Snow Dance!

- 'Love Letter' just keeps growing and growing on me...:)

- I still want a live CD from DCT...can't believe there won't be a CD with that acoustic version of 'Ureshii'

- Very special to see that different area choirs were used in each town for 'Mirai Harmony'

Immensely enjoyable time! :)
-Jay

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:06 am

tachikaze wrote:Standing at center-front of the stage equidistant between Miwa and Masa for the Fillmore set for ~$20 on Oct 16, 2002 was the biggest entertainment bargain of all time for me.
The Fillmore show was great and I regret I didn't get to meet up with the rest of you that were there too, but the DIAMOND15 concert I went to in Nagoya earlier this year was great as well, just in a different way. Their large concerts in Japan really have a lot more entertainment even if you have to share it with tens of thousands instead of a couple hundred people. Watching the DVD is still not quite the same, but it's still a great bargain for those who haven't been fortunate to make it to a real concert. Now I am looking forward to their next Wonderland!
Jei wrote:- I still want a live CD from DCT...can't believe there won't be a CD with that acoustic version of 'Ureshii'
Make your own CD! I have bought a very nice program called DVD Audio Extractor which I use to convert my concert DVDs into AAC files on my computer (it does mp3 or wav built in, but I think AAC sounds better). It splits them all up into files by chapter (though you can copy it to one big file if you want). The only tedious thing is you have to manually name all the tracks, and sometimes the track listing on the cover doesn't match up with the chapter numbers. But once you have all the tracks copied to your computer, it's a relatively simple thing to turn it into an audio CD with any standard CD burning software.

I have written more about DVD Audio Extractor on my blog if you're interested. I've been busy converting all of my DCT (and Goldfrapp and Stephanie Sun and other) concert DVDs to my computer. It's really nice to have these live collections on my computer and iPod to listen to.