DCT 20th Anniversary Concert Tour DVD

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

DCT 20th Anniversary Concert Tour DVD

Post by nogizaka » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:27 am

The concert DVD will be available October 10th in a limited edition with bonus DVD and photo book, or regular edition without the extras. The May 16th show at Saitama Super Arena was the concert chosen. See more at:

http://www.dctgarden.com/20th/main.html

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:45 am

Sorry, the DVD will be available on October 1st, and not the 10th (I'm going somewhere on the 10th).

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:36 am

Anyone know if the blu-ray version has the same features as the limited DVD edition?

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:58 pm

Spaceman wrote:Anyone know if the blu-ray version has the same features as the limited DVD edition?
According to CD Japan, yes:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UPXH-20001

That's cool so the extra material won't be so hard to find. Just in case I might not manage to grab a copy of the DVD set's limited edition. Only problem is that I don't have a Blue-Ray player yet. :P

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:20 pm

>.> That tears it. I've got to have a job before October! o.o!

;o; *paws at DVD* I wannit! I haven't been able to get anything for some months now (not since DYDCT? was released) and it makes me saaaaaaad...

Edit: Yay! I made it to senior member. n.n

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 pm

I just saw the digest video on DCT Garden. I have read somewhere (don't ask me where!) they have used a super-slow camera to shoot the concert. Indeed, there are some amazing shots using this camera. :)

I think they managed to fix a serious problem on DWL 2007 which is too many camera cuts. If you have less than 5 second shots thru out the whole concert, it does get tiresome to watch it. And "Aa! Mou" sounds a LOT better live than I have expected.

I won't be surprised if this DVD turns out to be even better than DWL 2007.

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:26 am

So anyone able to put up any feedback on this? o.o? I am... regrettably still without money... ._.

I just want to know how good it is! ;o;

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 am

Was only posted on the 7th, so still not here yet :cry:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:57 am

I watched the first disk and just the first songs on the second one tonight. It will never cease to amaze me how they can come up with DIFFERENT concerts like that. A DCT concert never "feels" the same as the previous one. Not to mention it is a milestone concert.

I have one thing to say: Itoshii no Happy Days. And also Iron na Kimochi. Enough said! ^^

Funny how I STILL get amazed with Miwa's voice. Specially when she sings old tunes they haven't played live in a long time. Her voice remains the same, if anything it has improved with time.

While I'm here, is that some sort of African language Ken Ogimi speaks? He sang a song on The Love Rocks Concert and on this concert as well. Only that Miwa sang along with him this time. I'm curious because it doesn't sound like anything I know of.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Yes, Ogimi is speaking an African language (I don't know which) and talking about an African god in his monologue (and making some strange jokes about the god). The percussion segment is supposed to be celebrating this god, who is some sort of trail blazer, according to my wife.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks for the info! I do like the way African languages sound. If I had enough time, I would like to learn both German and African languages. HAHA! Too bad learning languages takes too much time because it is too much fun.

Back to the topic, I'm watching the DVD for the second time. Hands down, *I* am enjoying it more than DWL 2007. I have enjoyed The Love Rocks concert better as well. But "Dori Shitemasu?" (is that how we gonna call this concert?!) hit me. Medicine, Kondo wa Niji o mi ni Yukou... it is a killer set list! ^^ Appeal is a song that I always enjoyed from "And I Love You" but live it is even better. I wish they had played Unpretty Day too.

One thing though, wasn't Masa supposed to sing "Nee, Ganbaru Yo"? :x Darn it, he sang just a couple of lines on the song. I'm telling you guys, it is harder to be a Masa fan than it is to be a Kraftwerk fan! :lol: ;)

TisSweet
DCTJoy Member

Post by TisSweet » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:03 pm

hopefully someone going put disk 2 on jpopsuki 2.0 ....

waitng.... going crazy.... :(

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 am

Yep, I agree. Anyhow, I was watching the DVD again for the 10001st time ;) tonight. "True, Baby True" is terrific and it gets me emotional every time I watch it. I have to hold back my tears when I watch it. I have always liked this song a lot but this performance is truly terrific.

Hands down, this DVD is wow! I gonna order it when I get paid next month as an early birthday present. This is way too great not to be on my collection. I hope I still get a limited edition copy by then!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:38 pm

My wife and I finally got to watch the DVD; an excellent performance, but not exactly what we saw at Yoyogi. We didn't get an impassioned speech from Miwa about a recommitment to performing, or her final statement about how she could feel the audience's sincerity when they shouted out her name during the reintroduction of the band members. Of course, I'm sure that they didn't say the same things at each show, and this concert was being recorded, so we couldn't expect a perfect duplication of the Yoyogi show (although musically, it was pretty close).

Also, this concert took place earlier than the one we saw (which would have been the last of the shows in Japan except for the rescheduled concerts), and my wife thinks that Miwa looked exhausted at Yoyogi. I noticed in the DVD that Miwa was rubbing the arm she was wearing a brace on when we saw her, so she might have been nursing an injury for at least a month and a half by the time of the Yoyogi show. It's a tribute to Miwa's professionalism to see her give a live performance that was every bit as good (if not better) than the one on DVD, despite the strain she was under.

Seeing the concert on DVD, though, always gives the live viewer a different perspective, an allaround view they could not have otherwise, which I guess is one reason we buy concert DVDs. Again, I had a better appreciation of the new material by seeing it from a different vantage point. This is an excellent concert and DVD.

My wife asked if I would trade seeing DCT at Saitama for Yoyogi, if I could. I said that I would not trade that experience for anything- just my 'Masa moment' alone was worth the price of admission!

Bandman
DCTJoy Chibi

True, Baby True

Post by Bandman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 am

I am interested to better understand "True, Baby True" in the 20th anniversary concert (as I have seen it only on You Tube).

This song seemed especially meaningful, but perhaps I am imagining some of that meaning, possibly incorrectly.

Miwa's personality has been one of spunk and joy, particularly when performing. One of the things that makes her special. Yet in this song, as she sings it cheerfully, she apparently expresses that she too has experienced unhappiness. That's how it struck me.

Of course, not knowing Japanese, I merely picked up on the English lines such as when she said "life is not just beautiful, it's not just a beautiful day," and "that's what friends are for," and so forth.

These words certainly added emotion and reminded of Miwa's husband's passing away in 2007.

Within the Japanese portion of the lyrics, are there phrases similar to "life is not always beautiful?"

The music sounds by contrast very upbeat. (Not the first case of a DCT song with lyrics which seem a "downer" in English yet which has a tune that is very upbeat.)

Also,

It was touching how she finished the song with a thank you to Masa, and I believe a peck on the cheek.

I also love the way she ended the song with a long bow and very soft "thank you." She loves her audience, her listeners, her fans.
-Bandman