General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Quick Byte: 2003 Wonderland DVD

Post by Jei » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:48 pm

It's out...got it today...
Some quick info:

* It's Region 2 only
(hope you got regionless/regionchangeable DVD players)

* Released by Universal Music DVD
(Maybe that's why it's region 2, instead of all region like the 99 Wonderlands)

* Nice Dolby 5.1 Sound...

* No extras, none...just a menu (A goregeous one, BTW...similar to the parts of the DVD cover...just changing) with chapters and audio options...

* Love Love Love English Version single comes inside secure on the other panel. (For those who saw him in concert with DCT, Ron Sexsmith is listed as 'Lyrical Assistance' for Love Love Love)

* Masa & Miwa are going by new nicknames according to the liner notes:

Masato "Medallion" Nakamura
Miwa "Mii Mii" Yoshida

(Hmm...Maybe Miwa's isn't new...^^)

* Nice looking stage-folded booklet with concert liner notes, concert pics, nature pics and the liner notes & lyrics for the English version of Love Love Love

[Side Note]
* CD Japan sent along a very nice large Wonderland2003 poster...
Hmmm...frame time...:)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:39 am

How 'bout da that crowd! ^_^

-Jay

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:58 pm

Sounds cool, Jei - I'm slightly jelous that yours has arrived before Xmas and mine hasn't! I also ordered DCT Clips dvd with mine, last month - I'm disappointed CD Japan didn't ship out the DVD they did have.

- James

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Awesome 2003 Wonderland DVD

Post by zberry » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:14 pm

Overall rating: Five stars out of five.
They did it again. What a show, what a band. I received the DVD on Dec. 31 after ordering it on Dec. 17.
First, regarding the region 2 thing, I lucked out and have a TV (Philips) with built-in player that plays the region 2 dvds. But I noticed that the DVD plays on both my home and work computer. The home computer is almost four years old, so to anyone out there, if it doesn't play on the TV, try the computer.
I really liked the intro, showing the montage of Wonderland concerts, and people coming in.
I also liked the long ramp leading to the smaller stage in the middle of the crowd. It seemed to give the maximum number of people the best view of Miwa, which is what they all want.
I was a little disappointed the Dynamites UK were not there because I love the horns, but that Electone player was a great addition. The drummer was just OK IMO.
David T. Walker was his usual brilliant self. As was Rin. They both have a lot of fans of their own, and for good reason.
Masa, what a showman! And very funny.
Miwa is at the top of her game. No doubt about it. She has that total command of the stage and crowd that I've only seen a handful of times in my life (Springsteen, Bono, Sinatra).
Actually, I had a moment of doubt when they played Hisashiburi no I miss You followed by Ureshii Hazukashii Asa Kaeri Densha. But now I know that was just a warmup. By the time they launched into Yorokubi no Uta, they were cooking, and from there, no looking back.
Miwa's dance moves are very smooth and sexy. And I loved the shots from behind her, looking out into that sea of adoring fans.
Watching these Wonderland shows, '95, '99, 2003, they seem to me to be getting better each time.
The family shots were great, too. Why shouldn't families be able to go to a concert together. Kudos to DCT for that innovation.
I also liked how you got a different look as early evening turned into night. Very interesting visually.
The concert seemed to pick up steam as they went along, and finished strong.
My personal highlight was Tampopo.
Hey, until someone introduces me to a better band who can play with more energy and passion, I'm going to keep listening to DCT.
Question: I noticed the first one or two songs included footage from multiple shows. How about the rest of the show? Was it primarily taken from a single concert? It very much had the feel of a single continuous concert.

ricekid
DCTJoy Member

Post by ricekid » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:53 pm

Jei wrote:How 'bout da that crowd! ^_^

that isn't the tokyo dome, is it?
Hara hara...

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:00 pm

Got my hands on the DVD and poster today aswell as the DCT Clips DVD.
The concert was awesome - it must have been awesome to be there in person.

I see what you mean by saying Masa's a showman! I loved it when he was imitating the drummer with the crowd, he had me laughing at his dancing, you can only see it for a split second aswell :lol:

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:27 am

ricekid wrote:that isn't the tokyo dome, is it?
Nope...All of the Wonderland 2003 venues were outside...
Not know which one that is specifically (other than it's not Shiga...)
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:38 am

James wrote:Got my hands on the DVD and poster today aswell as the DCT Clips DVD.
The concert was awesome - it must have been awesome to be there in person.
That it was...which is one of the reasons I was kinda hesistant to see the DVD...you know, anything less than being there would be a let down. But I found myself swaying back-n-forth, singing along with not a care in world anyway... :)
I see what you mean by saying Masa's a showman! I loved it when he was imitating the drummer with the crowd, he had me laughing at his dancing, you can only see it for a split second aswell :lol:
Wait til you see him in the Wonderland '99 concerts
(The skits!)
-Jay